Pages

Monday 4 April 2011

Happiness is the ability to look beyond the imperfections

I think this weekend, I was feeling a little bit humbled but equally perhaps a little envious of my friend. I spent the day at her lovely small yard, with a school, stable, tying area and it all being compact and it was so so nice and I really envied that she sees her horse every single day.

I don't get to see Shadow that often and my parents are one minute fine about the yard and then the next pestering me about the distance and I feel shit because I feel that Shadow would be better off with someone more competent as a trainer, rider and horsewoman(or man) and can give him the consistency that would benefit him. Perhaps I'm being selfish, but I suppose you have to look at the benefits. I've been given this wonderful opportunity to care for a pony and he ensures his trust in me, and I feel that although our time together isn't as long as some, it's even more special.

I sometimes feel with the clicker training that I go two steps forward and another back, we make progress but ever so slowly, because of the lack of consistency and my lack of competency as a trainer, it sometimes is really demoralizing, considering I showed my friend what to do yesterday and already she is souring away, and already had great success with it. It's really good to see, because it's another horse and human who can finally have a great training regime, but it sometimes hurts, because you feel overshadowed a little.

But then you have to smile and remember that not everything in life is perfect. We all have these things we desire, that we forget about the things we currently have. I feel my relationship with my pony gets stronger ever moment together, and obviously I wish we were closer together, but unfortunately life isn't so straight forward, I could wish for so much more, but what I have is a wonderful pony who makes me happy :)



I need to sit down and really work out a training plan that works with our time frame, our ability and able to keep consistency, I've recently began breaking our day into three digestible chunks, of a morning clicker session, an afternoon one and a later afternoon one, with two hour breaks in between, so over a period of two days, it makes 5-6 short sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment